We are not currently accepting applications for Full-Time Officers.
Hiring Process for New Officers Buffalo Valley Regional Police Department
New Officers hired by the Buffalo Valley Regional Police Department is overseen by a Civil Service Commission. This Commission consists of three (3) Commissioners that must be qualified electors of the area served by the Buffalo Valley Regional Police Department and are appointed by the Buffalo Valley Regional Police Commission.
Eligibility for hiring:
- Submit a completed application during the open enrollment period established by the Commission.
- Shall be at least 21 years of age at or before application deadline.
- Shall possess a diploma from an accredited high school or a graduate equivalency diploma.
- Shall be Pennsylvania Act 120 certified or can obtain certification by time of appointment.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Be physically and mentally fit to perform the full duties of a police officer.
- Eligible to receive certification from the Municipal Police Officers’ Education and Training Commission (MPOETC) at time of appointment.
- Possesses a valid Pennsylvania Operators License at time of appointment.
- Physical Agility Testing
- Written Examination
- Oral Examination
- Background Investigation
- Polygraph Examination may be required if background investigation indicates advisable.
- Conditional Offer of Employment
- Medical/Psychological Examination to include drug screening.
- Probation Hiring period of at least one (1) Year from date of appointment.
- Permanent Appointment to Patrol Officer